Monday 17 April 2017

Reception week beginning 17.04.17

This week at school the children will be encouraged to talk about past events in their own lives and use time related vocabulary linked to their day.

Literacy Focus: - Please do not forget to send into school with your child a photograph of them or another family member celebrating a birthday. The children will be using the photograph as a stimulus to talk and write about a past experience in their lives.

Maths Focus: - For our maths focus this week the children will be encouraged to use time related vocabulary linked to their day.

The children will also be using technology in our Outside Area to measure time and  how long it takes them to travel over the climbing net.
Our week in Caterpillar Class: -
Linked to our birthday theme we made our own representations of birthday cakes.
I cut out some brown bits to make half of the cake. I cut out pink bits to make icing. The purple and the blue bits for things on top are the sprinkles
I put yellow at the top, pink and blue in the middle and blue at the bottom. It might taste delicious. It's got 11 candles. I used grey and red pen. It is a cake for Charlie when he was 11.
It has different colour icing. I stuck it all onto the card. I used cardboard to make the candles and orange cardboard for the fire and I wrote numbers for how old you are.
It's yellow, blue, pink and purple. It has got candles on. It is a vanilla, strawberry, chocolate and raspberry cake. I had a piece of card and another one. I cut the first one, then I put some glue on it, then I put the colours on, then I put the blue piece of card on.
I made it with tissue paper. I cut it out, then I stick it on. I put some candles on.
They are for a birthday. I put candles on. I made pretty cakes. I have made ordinary cakes and birthday cakes because they have candles on.
We made birthday cards and wrote birthday messages inside: -
In the Outside Area we used an iPad to time how long it took us to travel the climbing frame.



Find opportunities at home for your child to measure time. For example: how long it takes them to get dressed in the morning and how long it takes them to tidy away their toys.


Our week in Ladybird Class: 

We began the week by sharing with our friends some of the things we got up to over Easter.  It sounds like everyone had a lovely break and has come back refreshed. 

 We had lots of fun timing ourselves as we travelled over the climbing frame.


We had a go at recording the time it took us! 

We loked at the different time of day and learnt the words morning, afternoon, evening and night to help us describe what time of day we were talking about.  

Some of us had a go at creating a night aurora picture using smudged pastels, dotted white paint and a black mountain backdrop.  


Other things Ladybirds got up to:

We are practicing recognising and ordering numbers to 20. 

Creating interesting 'tall tower' with construction materials. 


Having a go at trying new fruit, ' I like the tomato a little, but I won't eat all of it.' 
Well done Charlie C for trying something new. 

'I can be a bunny that hides Easter eggs.' 

Amelia made a wonderful cake  - linked to our theme of special events.  

With only a 3 day week we still made time for some sentence writing.  

Adam tries to fix the problem with the Marble run so that it worked 'more smooth and not so jumpy.' 

Chloe W and Lila are enjoying working together at our new class computer.  

Remember to have a go at timing yourself doing something.  


No comments:

Post a Comment