Saturday 18 March 2017

Reception week beginning 20.03.17

This week's activities will be themed around,

Mother's Day

Literacy Focus: -
For this week's literacy focus the children will be encouraged to write about their mum's and what makes them special.
Maths Focus: -
In preparation for Enterprise Week the children will be learning about money. The children will learn to use everyday language related to money and to count and make amounts up to 10p or 20p. 

Our week in Caterpillar Class:
We have been very busy writing about our Mum's and making our Mothers Day gifts - we hope you like them!

My mum is beautiful I like to give her cuddles.


We sorted 1p, 2p, 5p, 10p and 20p coins.


We played shops and paid for amounts using coins.


We made different amounts using a variety of mixed coins.
I put the coins to make the right numbers.


I have used all 1p's and made 6p and 3p.


We have enjoyed playing in our new Florists role play area.
I came to the shop to buy flowers.

I am selling flowers.

I am giving Darcey a flower, she is buying it.

I have flowers, I am buying them for myself.

We painted daffodils using water colours.



This week we were busy creating our Mother's Day gifts and writing personal messages to go with them - we hope you like them!




Creating magic 'wax resist' love hearts for our mum's.

Remember to press down hard with the candle or crayon to make sure the magic picture comes through. - Amelia. 

Using our fine motor skills to create lovely pasta jewellery for our lovely mum's. 

Mummy will really like her bracelet that I made her. - Teddy K 

Now for a little money work....We hope you had your wallets and purses ready.  
Sorting coins

Using coins to make different amounts so that we can buy toys and books in our shop. 




William has bought a tea set using his coins! 

We even had a go at estimating.  Jacqui put some 1p coins down and we guessed how many 1p coins were there.  Then we counted them out and checked if our guess was close.  
A guess is an almost number. Then you can count after.  - Teddy K 




No comments:

Post a Comment