Thursday 23 April 2015

St George's Day celebrations in Bumble Bee Class!



On the interactive white board we watched the story of 'St George and the Dragon' 
"The dragon breathed fire!" Farris
"The dragon was burning down the village!" Taylor
"The people were scared." Mason 
"The knight killed the dragon!" John
"I saved the Princess" George 

We enjoyed role playing the story in our Outdoor Area.
"We're scared of the dragon!" 

"I'm going to fight a big dragon!" 


The dragon built a nest & sat on it's eggs!
"I'm Harry the knight! Where's that dragon gone?"

"He's a friendly dragon, he's guarding me from the evil knight". 

"We're going to get the dragon," 

"Roar!" 



"I'm making a castle for the princess to live in"

We made St George's day cards for our friends and family. 
"I made a card for Lily-Ann and she made one for me"

We made England flags to take home. We painted a red cross on them. 


The children helped Viv to write a story with a dragon and volcano in. The children enjoyed listening to the story. 










No comments:

Post a Comment