Thursday 24 November 2016

Reception WB: 21.11.2016

This week in Reception we are looking at the book ‘On the Way Home’ by Jill Murphy. 


We have identified some of the characters that the little girl Claire, comes across in her elaborate story telling of how she hurt her knee. 

"Well," said Calire, "there was this big, bad wolf, and it came sneaking up behind me as I passed by, and it tried to take me home for its tea! But I screamed for help and a woodcutter came and chased the wold away, and the wold dropped me, and that's how I got my bad knee."  



In our writing area our independent task is to write a card to Claire to get well soon. 


As part of ‘Road Safety’ week we will be going on a short walk to the post office to post our cards to Claire, as we carefully cross the road.  In class we have been discussed the  – STOP, LOOK, LISTEN rules for crossing the road. 

No comments:

Post a Comment